Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Bake is a super simple semihomemade chicken alfredo casserole that is perfect for a busy weeknight! Lets get dinner on the table quickly so we can spend more time with our family!
This is such an easy casserole that just gets tossed together and then baked to melt the cheese on top.
Ingredients For Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Bake:
- chicken, cooked and diced
- chopped frozen broccoli
- alfredo sauce
- canned mushrooms, stems & pieces
- shredded cheddar mix cheese
Ingredient amounts and entire recipe directions in recipe card below with print option!
Which Brands Did I Use?
Sometimes when it comes to Semihomemade recipe that use packaged foods to create meals, the brands of items can make or break a dish. I don’t think this ALWAYS happens but I do know that not all packaged items are created equally.
Rotini – I’m just using regular dry boxed rotini pasta for this recipe. A Penne, Ziti or Fusilli pasta would work for this recipe too.
Chicken, cooked and diced – For this recipe, I used a 9 ounce bag of Perdue Carved Chicken Breast “Rotisserie Seasoned”. However, you can use any chicken for this recipe. Leftover cooked chicken, chopped up leftover rotisserie chicken from the market or canned chicken. Canned chicken is not my favorite but if you like it, use it. You could also make this with leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.
Chopped frozen broccoli – I used a bag of Food Lion brand frozen broccoli that was already chopped up. You could of course use steam-able bags of broccoli and chop it up or even fresh broccoli and steam it yourself before chopping it for the casserole recipe.
Alfredo sauce – Yes, you can make homemade alfredo. But if you want to use jarred sauce, I recommend Bertolli’s Alfredo Sauce with Aged Parmesan Cheese. If I’m using a jarred alfredo, that’s what I’m using.
Canned mushrooms, stems & pieces – cooked, fresh mushrooms are perfect for this recipe but to keep it quick and simple, I used a drained can of chopped mushrooms.
Shredded cheddar mix cheese – Your favorite shredded cheese will be perfect in this casserole. I used “Kraft Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia for a Creamy Melt”.
I didn’t add any additional spices to the alfredo or to this casserole but you are more than welcome to add anything you’d like. If you want to add spices to this dish, I suggest adding the spices and seasonings to the alfredo sauce. Tasting it as you go and then add it to the casserole.
What seasonings taste good with Alfredo?
- Roasted garlic
How To Make A Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Bake:
Start by preheating the oven and cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
While pasta is cooking, add chopped broccoli to a skillet with a splash of water and heat on medium heat. Stir until steamed and no longer frozen.
Once pasta is cooked go ahead and drain it.
Pour the pasta back into the pot.
Add the chicken.
Toss in the chopped broccoli.
Pour in the alfredo
and the mushrooms….
then about 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Stir everything together until everything is coated well.
Once that is done, pour it all into a 9 x 13 pan
Pour the rest of the cheese over the top of the casserole.
Pop the casserole into the oven and let it cook for about 30 minutes or so until casserole is hot and cheese and completely melted.
Then its time to serve it up for lunch or dinner.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes:
- Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- The Best Chicken Spaghetti
More Great Pasta Dinner Recipes:
- Penne alla Vodka
- Baked Sausage Marinara Alfredo Pasta
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Chicken and Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 16 ounces dry Rotini
- 8 ounces chicken - about 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 16 ounces chopped frozen broccoli
- 30 ounces alfredo sauce
- 16 ounce can Mushrooms, Stems & Pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar mix cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and cook for 13 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, add chopped broccoli to a skillet with a splash of water and heat on medium heat. Stir until steamed and no longer frozen.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and pour back into large pot.
- A COOKED chicken and broccoli to pasta.
- Pour in the alfredo sauce, add mushrooms and pour in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Stir everything to until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.
* you'll need about 6-9 ounces of chicken, cooked - pre packaged or rotisserie chicken makes this meal super fast.
Love it? Pin It!