This Pesto Pea Pasta is ready in until 30 minutes and it’s a super wonderful and flavorful meal! This 5 ingredients recipe is semi homemade too, so there is not a lot of work to make this meal come to life!
A few weeks ago I was watching The Pioneer Woman and she was making a few easy pasta recipes on her show. She made a Pasta with Pesto and Peas and while it was easy, she made a homemade alfredo type sauce and while it was simple, I thought that for the semihomemade blog we could make it even easier with jarred alfredo sauce to make our basil alfredo!
She also made a homemade basil pesto but in the spirit of the semihomemade blog, we’re using store bought pesto and it’s great.
This came out better than I thought it was going to and I’m in love with the flavor.
Quick Glance At Ingredients:
- alfredo sauce
- basil pesto
- grated parmesan
- frozen peas
- corkscrew pasta
How To Make Alfredo Pesto Pea Pasta:
Since this is a quick meal, we want to start with getting the water boiling for the pasta.
Toss in the pasta and start on the sauce.
Mix and heat the alfredo sauce, pesto and cheese until hot for the sauce.
Cook those frozen peas, it should only take a few minutes.
Once the pasta is done, drain and mix the pasta with the sauce and peas
What Other Pastas Can Be Used?
I really like to use any type of spiral pasta for this dish:
However, you could also use:
What To Serve With Pesto Pea Pasta:
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick Recipe
- Garden Salad with this great Ranch Dressing Recipe
Pesto Pea Pasta
This Pesto Pea Pasta is ready in until 30 minutes and it's a super wonderful and flavorful meal! This 5 ingredients recipe is semi homemade too, so there is not a lot of work to make this meal come to life!
- 16 ounces corkscrew pasta
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1/2 up basil pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions, normally about 9 minutes.
- While water is boiling and pasta is cooking, start on the sauce and peas.
- Cook peas until for just a few minutes until hot, either in boiling water in a small sauce pan or in the microwave if you're using a steamtable bag of green peans.
- In another small sauce pan, combine alfredo, pesto and cheese. Whisk to combine and heat until hot.
- Drain Pasta.
- Combine Pasta, Sauce and Peas. Serve Hot.
If you make this recipe, snap a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #semihomemaderecipes — We love to see what you’re making from the blog!
Love it? Pin It!
Leave a Comment