Great for an easy lunch or dinner, these Pizza Stuffed Biscuits are ready in less than 30 minutes! Normally packed with pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella and Italian seasoning but completely customizable.
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
Pizza flavored items are always welcome in our house so these Pizza Stuffed Biscuits were a hit the first time we made them! I really love them because they’re quick to make and you can add any type of pizza toppings to the center! Add your favorite pizza toppings inside of these Pizza Stuffed Biscuits for your very own favorite bite!
Quick glance at What you’ll need for Pizza Stuffed Biscuits: (amounts in recipe card below)
- large refrigerated biscuits
- pizza sauce
- fresh mozzarella pearls
- Italian seasoning
How to make Pizza Stuffed Biscuits:
Add about 1 tablespoon of sauce to center of dough. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Add 4-5 mozzarella cheese pearls to center of sauce. I normally find the mozzarella pearls in the deli sections instead of the cheese section but if you’re having trouble finding them you can also use shredded mozzarella cheese. If I was using shredded cheese, I would probably add about a teaspoon or so to these. Carefully pull biscuit ends together to create a pouch. Pinch together and close edges together to enclose filling. Make sure to try you best to not get any sauce on the outside because it makes it super difficult to pinch close.
Lay biscuit on prepared baking sheet with seam down. Sprinkle with more Italian seasoning. Continue until all biscuits are done and on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. These are great warm or at room temperature. You could also add mini pepperonis, cooked mushroom or cooked sausage to the center of these pizza biscuits to change up the flavor! We love dipping these little Pizza Stuffed Biscuits into warm pizza sauce although my best friend say we need to be dipping them into ranch dressing haha! Which would you prefer? Ranch or Pizza sauce for dipping?
QUICK GLANCE Pizza Stuffed Biscuits FAQ:
- Does it matter what brand biscuits are used? Any large refrigerated biscuit will work, but I tested this recipe with the generic Food Lion brand biscuits.
- How long do I cook these for? I baked these for about 15 minutes at 350F. You want the tops to be nice and golden brown but not burnt.
Pizza Stuffed Biscuits
- 1 can of large refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 40 small fresh mozzarella pearls
- Italian seasoning
- Butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay a raw biscuit on a prepared baking sheet and use the back of a spoon or your hand to flatten/stretch the dough out as far as you can without breaking it.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of sauce to center of dough.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Add 4-5 mozzarella cheese pearls to center of sauce.
- Carefully pull biscuit ends together to create a pouch. Pinch together and close edges together to enclose filling.
- Lay biscuit on prepared baking sheet with seam down.
- Sprinkle with more Italian seasoning.
- Continue until all biscuits are done and on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 biscuut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 832mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 2/24/2021 numbers will vary depending on brands used!
Love it? Pin it!