Chicken Alphabet Soup – a semi homemade chicken noodle soup with alphabet pasta, carrots, celery and peas! Using a packet of Maggi Alphabet Soup Mix for our seasonings and pasta!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
I love simmering soup on the stove, no matter what time of year it is! Not only that, but soups are easy to make and Chicken Alphabet Soup is great for using up carrots and celery that I have in the fridge. It’s also great for using leftover chicken!
My toddler loves searching for the letters of his name while eating it too!
Why You Should Make Semi Homemade Chicken Alphabet Soup…
- ready in under an hour
- cute for kids to find their letters in the soup
- easy to toss together for dinner
QUICK GLANCE AT INGREDIENTS for Chicken Alphabet Soup:
- raw chicken tenders
- packet Maggi Alphabet Soup Mix
- baby carrots, chopped
- celery, chopped
- frozen peas
- chicken broth
(AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
How to make Chicken Alphabet Soup:
- chop the chicken
Chop raw chicken tenders into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken
Heat a large Dutch oven or large soup pot oven medium heat.
Add olive oil and chicken.
Sautee for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add veggies
Chop baby carrots into 3 or 4 pieces and chop celery into about 1 inch pieces.
Add in chopped carrots and chopped celery.
Stir and cook about 10 minutes to let celery and carrots cook.
- Add soup mix
Pour in water, chicken broth and Maggi Alphabet Soup Mix.
- Boil and Cook the pasta
Bring to a boil cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peas
Add peas and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes to heat peas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yep. You can use a precooked rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped or leftover grilled chicken
Use homemade or store-bought! Whatever you normally like to use.
I’ve found this soup mix at Walmart, World Market and on Amazon.
More great soup recipes:
- Better Than Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Semi Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Tortellini Soup
Semi Homemade Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 6 raw chicken tenders*
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces baby carrots, chopped**
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3.5 ounce packet Maggi Alphabet Soup Mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chop raw chicken tenders into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large Dutch oven or large soup pot oven medium heat.
- Add olive oil and chicken.
- Sautee for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Chop baby carrots into 3 or 4 pieces and chop celery into about 1 inch pieces.
- Add in chopped carrots and chopped celery.
- Stir and cook about 10 minutes to let celery and carrots cook.
- Pour in water, chicken broth and Maggi Alphabet Soup Mix.
- Bring to a boil cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peas and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes to heat peas.
*you could also use about 2 cups cubed cook rotisserie chicken from the store. 4
**if you want super soft carrots in your soup, you can use a can of sliced carrots instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 1352mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
numbers and calories may vary depending on amounts and brands you use.
Love the recipes that you’re finding here but worried about misplacing them? Sign up for my newsletter above for new recipes every week OR make sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s always easy to find!
Love it? Pin it!