Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole – a classic favorite with egg noodles, lots of tuna, green peas, carrots and classic mushroom soup. We packed even more tuna into our casserole than the average tuna casserole so you get tuna in every bite!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
My husband loves tuna. He will just eat it right from the package as lunch. He was the main reason for making this classic tuna casserole recipe.
I decided to add extra tuna to this casserole so there was a good amount in every bite plus I added crushed Lays potato chips to the top for a salty crunch!
Why You Should Make This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole…
- Great for large families or perfect for small families that like leftovers
- Can be made ahead of time and frozen
- Packed full of tuna
QUICK GLANCE AT INGREDIENTS FOR Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole:
- egg noodles
- tuna in water, drained
- black pepper
- onion powder
- frozen peas and carrots
- family size can cream of mushroom soup
- crushed Lays potato chips
(AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
How to make Tuna Noodle Casserole:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
In large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, pepper and onion powder.
Add in frozen peas and carrots.
Stir in soup.
Drain cooked egg noodles and add to mixing bowl.
Stir well until everything is combined.
Pour into a 9×13 casserole dish.
Add crushed potato chips to top of casserole.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Let Casserole sit about 5 minutes and serve! Filling will the hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can! Tuna noodle casserole can be cooked, wrapped and frozen for up to 3-4 months.
You sure can!
You can use cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup in this casserole recipe.
More easy casserole recipes:
- Easy Dorito Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Shrimp and Rice Casserole
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 3 cans (9 ounce each) tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 16 ounce bag frozen peas and carrots
- 22. 6 ounce family size can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup crushed Lays potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, pepper and onion powder.
- Add in frozen peas and carrots.
- Stir in soup.
- Drain cooked egg noodles and add to mixing bowl.
- Stir well until everything is combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add crushed potato chips to top of casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
You can change up the cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 2584mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 23g
Love the recipes that you’re finding here but worried about misplacing them? Sign up for my newsletter above for new recipes every week OR make sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s always easy to find!
Love it? Pin it!