Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole is a great and easy recipe that cooks in 30 minutes and has all of the great flavors of a southern homemade Chicken Pot Pie!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQSimple casserole recipes like this make it so easy to get dinner on the table in no time. This is absolutely a toss and bake kind of meal. If you love Chicken Pot Pies, you’ll love this Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole!
Quick glance at what you’ll need for Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole: (amounts in recipe card below)
- chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- cooked white rice
- sliced carrots
- cream chicken soup
- cream mushroom soup
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- butter crackers
How to make Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole:
- Leftover homecooked rice
- Leftover take out white rice
- 5 Minute Instant White Rice
- 90 second microwave bagged rice
QUICK GLANCE Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole FAQ:
- Does the chicken need to be cooked before adding it to the casserole dish? Yes! This casserole is only going into the oven to get hot and kind of marry the flavors together. Everything that goes into it needs to go in “ready to eat”. This meal is great for using up leftover chicken or store bought cooked chicken.
- I’m not crazy about cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup. What else can I use? I’ve only tested these recipes with those soups, but if its’ the flavors that you don’t like you can substitute those two cans for any condensed soup that you like. You could also try homemade cream soups but I haven’t tested this with those.
- Can I use pasta in stead of rice in this casserole? I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why not. I’m not sure on the amount needed though as I haven’t tried it with pasta.
Chicken Pot Pie Rice Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 15 oz can peas, drained
- 15.25 oz can corn, drained
- 14.5 oz can sliced carrots, drained
- 10.5 oz can cream chicken soup
- 10.5 oz can cream mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 sleeve butter crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl, EXCEPT for butter crackers.
- Once mixed well, pour mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 dish.
- Crush butter crackers and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- This recipe is made quickly my using cooked chicken like a store rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken from home
- Rice can be any type of white rice - Instant Rice, 90 Second microwave rice or cooked long grain rice
- Butter Crackers are also know as Ritz crackers.
Love it? Pin it!