This Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken is so easy to make that you’ll want to add it to your menu all the time! 3 ingredients and a few hours in the Crockpot is all that stands between you and a delicious meal! This Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken is perfect on its own but even better as a BBQ sandwich on a brioche bun!
Slow cooker BBQ and Soda BBQ might have been one of the first things I cooked when I started learning how to cook. Beef and Vegetable Soup, Ma’s Broccoli Casserole and BBQ Pulled Pork (for Sandwiches) were the main dishes that I made when I first learned my way around the kitchen.
This BBQ chicken is one recipe that I love to pop into the crockpot before I take my son to school and take it out when it’s time for lunch.
Although this BBQ chicken is great on it’s own, served with sides, it is fantastic on a bun for a sandwich.
Quick Glance At Ingredients for Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Dr Pepper
- BBQ Sauce
How To Make Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken:
Pour a bit of BBQ sauce in to the bottom of the slow cooker bowl. Maybe about 2 tablespoons or so.
Pop chicken into slow cooker bowl.
Add BBQ sauce and Dr. Pepper.
Cook on low for 5 hours.
Shred and serve.
What is a Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce?
Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce it just as it sounds. Just BBQ sauce mixed with Dr. Pepper. It’s perfectly simple and easy to make.
Can I make this in the oven?
You can! I have a recipe for BBQ chicken on BigBearsWife.com – BBQ Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches. That recipe makes a BBQ Pineapple chicken but it should be the same temp and time.
More Great Slow Cooker Crockpot Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Semi Homemade Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
More Chicken Breast Recipes:
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounce can Dr. Pepper
- 18 ounces BBQ Sauce
- Pour a bit of BBQ sauce in to the bottom of the slow cooker bowl.
- Add Chicken breasts.
- Pour the rest of the BBQ sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Pour Dr. Pepper into crock pot bowl.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 5 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, use two forks to shred chicken. Stir chicken with BBQ sauce in slow cooker.
- Use as a main dish or pile BBQ chicken high onto buns for the best sandwiches.
We used Stubbs BBQ sauce for ours.
Love it? Pin It!