Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Slow cooker apple butter bbq chicken is the perfect comfort food. It’s warm, cozy, and packed with flavor. Make a batch for yourself or share it with loved ones for a heartwarming meal that will soothe your soul.
Do you ever feel like you need a big, warm hug in the form of food? Maybe you’ve had a long day or week, or you’re just feeling a little run down.
That’s where slow cooker apple butter chicken comes in. This dish is the ultimate comfort food, with its tender chicken and rich, flavorful sauce. In this post, we’ll take you through the ingredients, preparation, tips and tricks, and serving suggestions for this delicious meal. So settle in, get cozy, and let’s pull out that crock pot and make some apple butter bbq chicken.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Apple Butter BBQ Chicken:
- apple butter
- bbq sauce
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Ingredient amounts and entire recipe directions in recipe card below with print option!
Which Brands Did I Use For Crock Pot Apple Butter BBQ Recipe?
Sometimes when it comes to Semihomemade recipe that use packaged foods to create meals, the brands of items can make or break a dish. I don’t think this ALWAYS happens but I do know that not all packaged items are created equally.
Apple Butter – I used store brand but any brand will work
BBQ Sauce – Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Chicken Breasts – Just used store brand.
How To Make Slow Cooker Apple Butter BBQ Chicken:
Add 1/2 cup apple butter to bottom of slow cooker bowl.
Add chicken breasts to the bowl of a slow cooker / crock pot.
Cover chicken with the BBQ sauce and apple butter.
Cook on high for 4 hours.
Serve with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
Where Do I Find Apple Butter?
You can find Apple Butter in your local grocery store, normally in the same section as the jelly and jams.
If you’d like to make you’re own, I have a recipe for Homemade Apple Butter here.
Serving Suggestions and Sides:
Ready to enjoy your delicious slow cooker apple butter bbq chicken? Here are a few serving suggestions to pair with your main dish:
- Rice: Scoop your chicken and sauce over a bed of fluffy white rice for a classic and comforting option. Try using brown rice or quinoa for a healthier twist.
- Bread: Mop up the delicious sauce with a slice of crusty bread or even some dinner rolls. You can also toast the bread for a crunchy texture. These Fluffy Homemade Rolls are the best.
- Salad: Balance out the richness of the chicken with a fresh side salad. A simple mix of greens, sliced apples, and a vinaigrette dressing would be a perfect complement.
- Roasted Vegetables or Steamed Vegetables: Instead of cooking your veggies in the slow cooker, try roasting them in the oven for some added texture and flavor. Brussels sprouts, roasted carrots, and roasted broccoli would all pair well with the apple butter chicken.
No matter what you choose to serve alongside your slow cooker apple butter chicken, it’s sure to be a hit with friends and family.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- 1980s Slow Cooker CrockPot Chicken and Stuffing
- Toni’s Slow Cooker Stupid Easy Chicken
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
More BBQ Recipes:
- BBQ Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
- BBQ and Grape Jelly Crockpot Meatballs
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops
- 30 Minute 2 Ingredient BBQ Wings
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Chicken
Slow Cooker Apple Butter BBQ Chicken
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Slow cooker apple butter chicken is the perfect comfort food. It's warm, cozy, and packed with flavor. Make a batch for yourself or share it with loved ones for a heartwarming meal that will soothe your soul.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 18 ounce bottle BBQ sauce*
- 2 cups apple butter
*I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 661Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1420mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 3gSugar: 92gProtein: 39g
If you make this recipe, snap a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #semihomemaderecipes — We love to see what you’re making from the blog!
Love it? Pin It!
Leave a Comment