This Easy Skillet Ratatouille is my simple version of the famous French stewed vegetable dish of Ratatouille. This dish is made up of cooked eggplant, summer yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes and seasonings. A great recipe for using up those summer vegetables.
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQMy Disney loving self has been wanting to make Ratatouille ever since I fell in love with the cute little Ratatouille mouse Disney movie years ago! I just never got around it it until this year. While I wasn’t going to try to make the traditional Ratatouille, I did have a bunch of eggplant, squash and zucchini to use up the other weekend and thought I’d try my hand at an easy skillet version. I’m so glad I did! It’s so good! Perfect for using those amazing summer vegetables!
Quick glance at what you’ll need to make Easy Skillet Ratatouille: (amounts in recipe card below)
- yellow squash
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- onion powder
- Roma tomatoes
(amounts in recipe card below)
What vegetables to use for Easy Skillet Ratatouille:
How to make Easy Skillet Ratatouille:
QUICK GLANCE Easy Skillet Ratatouille FAQ:
- What should I serve with this Easy Skillet Ratatouille? This Easy Skillet Ratatouille could be served with rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, gnocchi or quinoa.
- Do I need to peel the vegetables for Ratatouille? Nope! Just wash, dry and chop!
More Great Skillet Recipes:
- Skillet Hamburger Helper
- Mushroom Stroganoff Skillet-Style
- Cheeseburger Bombs Baked Bean Skillet
- Pulled Pork Breakfast Skillet
- Iron Skillet Strawberry Cornbread
Easy Skillet Ratatouille
- 2 small eggplants or 1 large eggplant
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Rice for serving (optional)
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Chop eggplant, squash and zucchini into about 2 inch pieces. (bite sized)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil.
- Once hot, add minced garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in eggplant, squash and zucchini.
- Add in Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, toss in diced tomatoes. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes to release juices.
- Stir and serve hot/warm.
Great when served over rice with some fresh parsley!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 15gSugar: 22gProtein: 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 4/6/2021 Data and numbers may vary based on brands and amounts.
Love it? Pin it!