This Vintage Strawberry Banana Pudding Pie recipe is a creamy banana pudding pie with sliced strawberries and sliced banana on the bottom and top of the pie! Plus the top fruit has melted apple jelly on it!!!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
Strawberry and Banana is the perfect flavor combo and this pudding pie is packed with it! This chilled Banana pudding pie is so creamy and just perfect for spring and summer!
Quick glance at what you’ll need to make Strawberry Banana Pudding Pie: (amounts in recipe card below)
- 9-inch pie shell (NOT deep dish) OR graham cracker pie crust
- cold whole milk
- Banana Cream Instant Pudding
- orange zest
- thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- apple jelly
(amounts in recipe card below)
How to make Strawberry Banana Pudding Pie:
Let us talk about the crust!
Adding the layers of fruit:
This pie contains one of my favorite flavor combinations – Strawberries and Bananas!
Start by washing, coring and slicing 1/2 a pint of fresh strawberries. Take those slices and place them into the bottom of the pie crust.
next, peel and slice 1 banana and lay sliced on top of strawberries.
Making the pudding pie:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cold milk and instant pudding. I used banana cream instant pudding for this recipe but you could also use vanilla pudding.
Whisk pudding until thick which shouldn’t take too long since we’ve only mixing in 1 cup of milk.
Then you will want to fold in thawed Cool Whip topping and orange zest.
Folding Vs. Stirring:
It is important to fold the cool whip into the pudding mixture instead of rapidly stirring it because we want this to me a light and fluffy pie.
Stirring = fast mixing
Folding = gently and slowly mixing just until combined
The the pudding mixture and pour it over the sliced fruit. Smooth out the top and pop the pudding pie into fridge for at least 4 hours to chill and set.
Before serving, wash and slice the rest of the strawberries and go ahead and peel and slice the 2nd banana.
Arrange strawberry slices and banana slices over the top of the pie.
Give the fruit a shiny gloss:
To give the fruit a bit of a shine and gloss, ,melt the Apply Jelly and brush it over fruit.
QUICK GLANCE Strawberry Banana Pudding Pie FAQ:
- How long will this pie last in the fridge? This Banana pudding pie will keep in the fridge for about 2 days.
- Will the banana’s turn brown? I haven’t had a problem with the bananas under the pudding turning brown since they’re covered in pudding. However, I wouldn’t peel the 2nd banana and top the pie with banana slices until ready to serve.
More Pie Recipes:
- Strawberry Jello Cream Cheese Pie
- Southern Pineapple Pie
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Meringue Pie
- Frozen Lemonade Pie
Strawberry Banana Pudding Pie
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell (NOT deep dish) OR graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 small box Banana Cream Instant Pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1.5 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- Wash, core and slice 1/2 of the strawberries.
- Place strawberries into bottom of baked pie crust.
- Peel and slice 1 banana and lay sliced on top of strawberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cold milk and instant pudding.
- Whisk pudding until thick.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip topping and orange zest.
- Pour pie filling over sliced fruit.
- Place into fridge for at least 4 hours to chill and set.
- Before serving, wash, core and slice the rest of the strawberries.
- Peel and slice 2nd banana.
- Arrange strawberry slices and banana slices over pie.
- Melt Apply Jelly and brush over fruit.
- Serve cold.
Love it? Pin it!