Ready for the perfect Christmas Cookies? These Christmas M&M Cake Mix Cookies are going to be a new favorite! You’ll only need 4 ingredients for these cookies!
Ingredients For Christmas M&M Cake Mix Cookies:
- yellow cake mix
- vegetable oil
- Christmas M&M chocolate candies
Ingredient amounts and entire recipe directions in recipe card below with print option!
Which Brands Did I Use For This Dessert?
Sometimes when it comes to Semihomemade recipe that use packaged foods to create meals, the brands of items can make or break a dish. I don’t think this ALWAYS happens but I do know that not all packaged items are created equally.
Yellow Cake Mix – When I make cake mix cookies, I prefer to use either Pillsbury Cake Mix OR Duncan Hines Classic Cake Mix. Of course you can use any cake mix that you love but I’ve tried cake mix cookie recipes with different brands of cake mix and the cheaper the cake mix, the cheaper the taste when it comes to cake mix cookies.
Eggs – Just regular ol’ large eggs.
Vegetable Oil – I just whatever it on sale haha. I think for this particular recipe, I used the Food Lion Brand.
Christmas M&M chocolate candies – I use the brand name Christmas M&M chocolate candies – not the knock-off off brand chocolate candies.
Does The Cake Mix Brand Matter When Making Cake Mix Cookies?
I think it does. I’ve made cake mix cookies with all types of cake mixes and I think that the better the cake mix the better the cookie. I would say any of the name brand cake mixes would be great. I’ve tried the Aldi off brand cake mix and it works but it does taste “cheap”.
Can I Use Mini M&Ms For These Cake Mix Christmas Cookies?
You Sure Can! You Might not need as many. Maybe a cup of mini candies? I would add 1 cup of the mini M&MS and stir up the batter and see if that’s enough for your liking for these M&M Cookies.
How To Make Christmas M&M Cake Mix Cookies:
Preheat the oven and prepare your baking sheet. I like to use parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat on my cookie sheet when I make cookies so that they don’t stick.
In a large mixing bowl, combine everything but the M&M candies. Stir and mix well.
Add in about 1 & 1.5 cups M&M chocolate candies. Leave about 1/2 cup candoes to decorate the tops of the dough before baking.
Drop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet, spacing each cookie about 2 inches apart.
Press the rest of the Christmas M&M chocolate candies into the tops of the cookie dough. This is going to make them so pretty!
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
Can I Make These Cookies With Gluten Free Cake Mix?
I have not tried making cake mix cookies with boxed gluten free cake mix yet so I’m not sure.
What Other Mix-Ins Can I Use In Cake Mix Cookies?
You could also add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chopped walnuts or chopped pecans.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Easy Santa Oreo Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Reindeer Gingerbread Cookies : Upside Down Gingerbread Man Reindeer Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes:
- M&M’s Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Blueberry Vanilla Cake Mix Cookies
- Lucky Charms Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Christmas M&M Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 - 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Christmas M&M chocolate candies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix until fully combined.
- Stir in 1 & 1.5 cups M&M chocolate candies.
- Drop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Press the rest of the Christmas M&M chocolate candies into the tops of the cookie dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
Love it? Pin It!